Friday, June 19, 2009

time to chillax... before I end up looking like this


I am frazzled, to say the least. Really, I promise, I have not been in my right mind all week. Sadly, there is a good chance my fragile altered state wont return to normal for quite some time. Damages may become permanent. For all your sakes, lets hope this is not the case. This week has been exhausting for me. Its been full of working late, managers meetings, shoes breaking during said meetings, birthday dinners, trips to salt lake, miss Utah, wanting to throw things at the miss Utah magician, and the emcee, adventures driving home from salt lake in the rain late at night with 3 other directionally challenged women, lots of u turns and missed exits, bridal showers, and catching up with old friends, and rain, oh the rain, and staying up entirely too late. Yes, I know that is a run on sentence. It may not even be considered a run on sentence, lets just call it a mess of words, and phrases heaped together in a manic rant of some form or another. I'll kindly spare you the details of each said event, because a) my fingers would fall off typing such a long story, b) your eyeballs would fall out of your head reading such a long story c) there is a large portion of the work, and various other activities throughout the week that I wish never happened in the first place. Needless to say, I am sure looking forward to this weekend!

Tonight we are taking Nils and Diana out for a night on the town for Nils birthday. We missed his family party on Tuesday due to crappy planning on our part, in addition to me having to work late. So we are attempting to make it up to him by treating him and his darling wife to a little cuisine experience I'll just simply refer to as The Bombay Experience. If you haven't experienced it yet- you should be strung up by your toes and hung from a ceiling. (ew. that sounds kinda gross now that i think about it...sorry)

It has been strawberry days all week, and I haven't had a chance to do ANYTHING strawberry-ish yet. Luckily,we are going to make up for it tomorrow, by going to the ever popular rodeo. Gonna put on my straw hat, my boots, lasso up my husband and grab baby K and make our way to the rodeo arena. This is where we will gladly sit on wooden seats, eat strawberry's and cream, watch some cute kids mutton bustin, some funny guys rope and milk cows, pretty girls in sparkly shirts running their horses around barrels, and some real live cowboys ridin bulls, and buckin broncos. i. love. it. all. There may be one small hitch with my rodeo plans- I am acutally a liar and I don't really own a straw hat, or the boots... but I'll improvise!

Its also fathers day this weekend! YAY DAD's! That's right, it will be Tyler's first real live Fathers Day! I love him so much, and he is such a flippin cute dad. I really would love if you could all be a flyon the wall, just so you could see how adorable he is with Baby K. (that would be a heck of a lot of fly's...) I made (cause I'm broke) small little gifts for Tyler- the same thing for his dad, and my dad too for Fathers day. I don't want to ruin the surprise, so I cant tell you what they are- BUT I will take pictures of them, and post them on Monday. I think they turned out okay. I'm not super crafty, but when you're broke, its time to pretend! ha ha

I hope you all have a super fun- and CHILLAXING weekend :)

PS. Sunday- after wishing all the dad's happy fathers day, I plan to pass out on my bed, and not wake up for a month or so- lets hope my mental health is healed by then

No comments: