Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Scoot Scoot!


My dad has officially quit the world of computers. He has given them the old birdie finger and decided to venture out on his own. So what do you do after you have been working in the software industry after 20 something years? Open a SCOOTER business of course! It has been quite the adventure the last few weeks as the family has been working feverishly trying to get everything ready to start selling scooters. From getting a dealers license, to putting scooters together, to trying to figure out how to make the horn honk, we have all been learning a lot. Dad and mom have been wrapped up in the business side of things...taking classes and tests, leasing building and ordering inventory. And the kids have been helping out by figuring how to put scooters together. Tyler has been a big help, as he has the most mechanical experience out of anyone else in the family combined. He is a regular white knight on a shinny scooter ;) I, however, have found that scooters are not my forte, and have found other ways to contribute. I spend countless minutes chasing flies in the office, trying to swat them out of existence. When this activity grows old, I frantically pull up a game on the computer, and test my knowledge there :)

Everyone has been stressed, trying to learn new things, and making sure we are following the dealer rules. But I am very impressed at how quickly our little business has flown together. I am especially proud of my dad, and the vision he created, and his ability to put his thoughts into actions so successfully.

We have our first parking log sale this week! We are all very, very excited! It will be at the bottom of the Provo/Orem hill on state street- so its an awesome location. Keep your fingers crossed, and your prayers a comin', and lets all hope this weekend shows us some lovin'! If all turns out as planned, all the hard work everyone has been putting in, will be paid off!

3 comments:

Travis said...

Wow!!! That will be a GREAT business! I want one!

Travis said...

oops...didn't know Trav was logged in...this is Laura Lee

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good luck with everything Tonya! That is a great idea and a perfect time to get into the biz. Though, you might not see your best business until next April as people are getting excited about summer again. This way your Dad's new business has time to have its name shoved around in time for then. I can't wait to hear how it goes!